YHEC’s excellent reputation for project delivery in health economics places us in a strong position to provide NHS consultancy services that support NHS providers and commissioners in making informed decisions about service change.
NHS and Public Sector Services
- Evaluation and support for Vanguard sites and new models of care;
- Economic modelling & outcomes research for service design;
- Patient-centred outcomes research;
- Health technology appraisal (HTA);
- Information and reviewing services;
- Bespoke training courses.
NHS and Public Sector Clients
Over the past 30 years YHEC has supported NHS providers and commissioners to make informed decisions. YHEC continues to provide advice, analysis and economic evaluation to ensure the NHS and public sector has access to relevant advice to understand the impact of change across care pathways.
Among a broad range of clients, YHEC works with:
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- NHS England
- NHS Trusts (e.g. Bart’s Health NHST, Airedale NHSFT, Salford Royal NHSFT)
- New care models: Vanguard sites
- Clinical Commissioning Groups (e.g. the 10 CCG Network in West Yorkshire)
- Commissioning Support Units
- Local Authorities
- Academic Health Science Networks
To find out more about YHEC’s NHS and public sector services contact Nick Hex.
Examples of Recent Publications
- Baxter M, Hudson R, Mahon J, Bartlett C, Samyshkin Y, Alexiou D, Hex N. Estimating the impact of better management of glycaemic control in adults with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes on the number of clinical complications, and the associated financial benefit. Diabet Med. 2016 Jan 16.
- Foskett-Tharby R, Hex N, Gill P. Pay for performance and the management of hypertension. J. transl. int. med. 2016; 4(1):14–19.
- Hex N, Tuggey J, Wright D, Malin R. Telemedicine in care homes in Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven. Clinical Governance: An International Journal 2015, 20, 3:146 – 154.
- Gill P, Foskett-Tharby R and Hex N. Pay-for-performance and primary care physicians: lessons from the UK Quality and Outcomes Framework for local incentive schemes. J R Soc Med 2015; 108(3).
- Hex N, Bartlett C, Wright DL, Taylor MJ, Varley D. Estimating the Current and Future Costs of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in the UK, including Direct Health Costs and Indirect Societal and Productivity Costs. Diabet Med 2012; 29(7):855-862.
Why work with YHEC?
- Over 30 years’ experience supporting the NHS
- Excellent reputation for efficient project delivery
- Rigorous research and academic standards
- Focus on clear and implementable recommendations
NHS and Public Sector Training
YHEC also offer training courses on making an economic case for service redesign in the NHS. Training courses are tailored to clients’ needs and can be delivered on-site. Find out more about YHEC training.