YHEC has expertise in undertaking health technology assessment (HTA) and economic evaluations on a range of healthcare interventions.
Our health economic modelling work includes:
- Global health technology assessment (HTA) models;
- Early modelling;
- Budget impact analysis;
- Burden of illness studies;
- Model critique and validation;
- Model adaptations.
Recent economic modelling projects evaluated:
- Medical devices;
- Diagnostic technologies;
- Surgical procedures;
- Public health interventions.
To find out more about YHEC’s economic modelling services contact Dr Matthew Taylor.
Economic Modelling Clients
Our economic modelling clients include the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), NHS Quality Improvement Scotland (NHSQIS), global pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers.
Economic evaluations and HTA submissions are undertaken by YHEC for various international settings. YHEC has a wealth of experience delivering economic evaluations, model adaptations, cost-of-illness studies, quality of life research, systematic literature reviews and theoretical research for clients in the private sectors.
Examples of Recent Publications
- Taylor M, Chilton S, Ronaldson S, Metcalf H Nielsen JS. Comparing increments in utility of health: an individual-based approach. Value in health 20 (2017) 217 – 223.
- Hahn-Pedersen J, Worm M, Green W, Nørgaard Andreasen J, Taylor M. Cost-effectiveness of SQ® HDM SLIT-tablet in addition to pharmacotherapy for the treatment of house dust mite allergic rhinitis in Germany. Clinicoecon Outcomes Res 2017; 9.
- Taylor, M. The role of health economics in the evaluation of surgery and operative technologies. Surgery. 2017 Feb;161(2):300-304.
- Jenks M, Taylor M, Shore J. Cost-utility analysis of the insufflation of warmed humidified carbon dioxide during open and laparoscopic colorectal surgery. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2016 Dec 26:1-9.
- Lenoir-Wijnkoop I, Mahon J, Claxton L, Wooding A, Prentice A, Finer N. An economic model for the use of yoghurt in type 2 diabetes risk reduction in the UK. BMC Nutr. 2016 Dec:2(77).
Health Technology Assessment Conferences
YHEC regularly attends the Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) Annual meeting to present our latest research in the field, and take part in discussion to advance HTA policy and methods. You can read about YHEC’s previous conference attendance and posters here.