York Health Economics Consortium (YHEC) is a consulting company formed in 1986 and wholly owned by the University of York. YHEC is the University of York’s main consultancy provider of Health Economics expertise.
YHEC’s purpose is to provide consultancy and research in health economics to the NHS and the pharmaceutical and health care industries. YHEC’s health economics consultancy and research services combine rigorous research standards with efficient project delivery. YHEC also carries out work for a range of clients outside the health sector, including local authorities and the voluntary sector.
York Health Economics Consortium has a staff of economists supported by the other analytical disciplines necessary to respond to clients’ needs. YHEC is part of the largest and most active group of health economics research departments in the United Kingdom. It is, therefore, able to draw on the specific expertise of staff in related academic departments.
YHEC is also a founding member of the Minerva health economics network, an international consortium of leaders in the field of health economics, health technology assessment (HTA) and outcomes research.
YHEC holds the Investors in People standard and Strategic Leadership Team actively encourages staff training and development.
YHEC is located on the Science Park at the University of York campus, York, YO10 5NQ, United Kingdom.
YHEC’s Board of Directors currently includes:
- Prof Trevor Sheldon (Chair), Professor of Health Services Research and Policy, University of York
- Mr Mike Farrar, Independent Management Consultant, Mike Farrar Consulting Ltd
- Prof Maria Goddard, Director, Centre for Health Economics, University of York
- John Parkes, Managing Director, Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
- Rod Peet, Deputy Finance Director, University of York
- Andy Taylor, Advisor, Public Policy, Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI)
- Owen Williams, Chief Executive, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Matthew Taylor, Director, York Health Economics Consortium
- Louise Carr (Company Secretary), York Health Economics Consortium