Julie Glanville has been Associate Director for Information Services at YHEC since April 2008. Julie coordinates YHEC’s information and review services to customers who require literature searches and reviews of all types ranging from rapid reviews to systematic reviews to inform submissions to reimbursement agencies such as NICE. Julie is a co-convenor of the Cochrane Information Retrieval Methods Group and Associate Editor of the Research Synthesis Methods Journal.
Before joining YHEC Julie was Associate Director and Information Service Manager at the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD) at the University of York for fourteen years. In this role Julie managed information support for systematic reviews and technology assessments within CRD and to external customers. She also managed the production of the NHS EED database and CRD’s database production and publication infrastructure. Julie’s research interests are in search filter design and appraisal, the efficient identification of research evidence for systematic reviews, economic evaluations and models and health technology assessments. Julie manages the InterTASC Information Specialists’ sub-group search filter resource website and the Finding clinical trials, research registers and research results website. Julie is also co-manager of the SuRe Info resource.
Julie also coordinates YHEC’s training programme and teaches on several courses including:
- Understanding Searching Techniques
- Identifying Diagnostic Test Accuracy Studies: Challenges and Strategies
- Advanced Search Techniques For Systematic Reviews, Health Technology Assessment and Guideline Development
- Advanced Search Strategy Design for Complex Topics: Strategy Development, Text Analytics and Text Mining
- Indirect and Mixed Treatment Comparisons
- Health Economic Evaluations and Economic Evidence: Finding Evidence to Inform Health Technology Assessments and Economic Models
Telephone: +44 (0) 1904 324832