York Health Economics Consortium
Use and storage of your information
We undertake to fulfil our responsibilities as follows:
- We will only collect and retain relevant and essential data.
- We will store your information safely and securely, protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- We will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We will destroy your information securely.
- We will work hard to keep your personal data up-to-date.
- We will not share the information that is provided to us.
- We will comply fully with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information:
- For as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected.
OR (if longer):
- For any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
OR (if sooner):
- Until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below.
We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance, and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Find out how we process your personal data.
- Request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate.
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data.
- Obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible (after receipt of confirmation of your identify) and in any event within one month.
Registering on our mailing list
When registering on a mailing list, we ask you to provide your name and email address. We use this information to tell you about the information you have selected to receive. This could be upcoming training events, webinars or other news and information about YHEC. We do not pass on your personal information to third-parties. You will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe in every email we send.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with the way in which YHEC has handled your personal data, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For information on reporting a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office, see www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which YHEC handles your personal data, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.