Health Economics Training Courses
Why use YHEC for your training?
YHEC offers a range of training courses in health economics topics including economic modelling, evidence retrieval and information skills.
Our regular training programme offers courses in York in well-equipped rooms and computer classrooms. All of our courses have limited delegate places available to ensure that sessions permit discussion and interaction within the group. We can also offer these courses and bespoke courses at your own site.
Our current training programme includes:
- Advanced Search Strategy Design for Complex Topics
- Advanced Search Techniques for Systematic Reviews, HTA and Guideline Development
- Early Economic Modelling to Inform Clinical Trial Design & Other Decisions
- Economic Evaluation for Oncology
- Economic Modelling Techniques for the NHS & Public Health
- Health Utilities for Economic Models
- Identifying Diagnostic Test Accuracy Studies: Challenges and Strategies
- Identifying Evidence for NICE Economic Submissions
- Introduction to Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs)
- Making an Economic Case to the NHS
- Practical Issues in Producing Network Meta-Analyses for HTA
- Software to Support the Systematic Review Process
- Understanding and Critiquing Health Economics Models
- Indirect and Mixed Treatment Comparisons
- Introduction to Systematic Reviews for Food and Feed Related Topics
- Meta-Analysis in Systematic Reviews for Food and Feed Related Topics
- Searching Trials Registers and Regulatory Agency Sources
- Understanding Search Strategies for HTA and Systematic Reviews: An Introduction
Our ‘On demand’ courses include:
Other Health Economics Training at York
YHEC courses are generally introductory. 5-day expert workshops, distance learning and MSc courses in health economics are offered by health economists at the Centre for Health Economics and the Department of Economics and Related Studies at the University of York.
Cancellation and Indemnity
The course fee (less 10% administrative charge) will be refunded for cancellations received in writing at least one month prior to the study day. Substitutes can be made but please e-mail new delegate details to YHEC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cancellations made less than one month prior to the study day are not refundable. In the unlikely event that, due to unforeseen circumstances, the training event has to be cancelled, our liability is limited to refund of workshop fees only.
We recommend that delegates have adequate insurance cover to claim any travel or personal expenses.
York Health Economics Consortium is unable to grant extended credit and therefore must request that full payment be made within 21 days from the date of invoice. Should payment not be received within 21 days from the date of invoice, York Health Economics Consortium will apply an administration charge of £40+VAT. All payments must be received before attending the training course.